James Dabill – 2019 Scott Trial Winner – Photo Credit – John Hulme
Just one updated score now on the results. An updated set of results can be downloaded here:
2019 Section by Section Analysis
2019 Special Awards
2019 Spoons and Final Results
There are a few spare programmes if anyone missed out on the day and would like one. The cost is £7 including the postage and packing. If you would like one please e-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please make the subject line of your e-mail: ‘Scott Trial 2019 Programme Order’; payment details will be made available by e-mail reply.
Richmond Motor Club would like to give their congratulations to James Dabill for winning this year’s Scott Trial. In near perfect weather conditions for a change!
Provisional results are available to download here:
2019 Spoons and Final Results 2019 Special Awards 2019 Times 2019 Section by Section Analysis 2019 Club Teams 2019 Manufacturers Teams
As always we would like to thank all those who made this year’s trial happen – too many to mention – but especially the landowners without who’s permission we couldn’t run the greatest one day trial in the world especially after the flooding in July. Special thanks must also go to all the riders and supporters who make the trial such a great event and help us to raise so much money each year for the Scott Charities.
With a few days to go until the big day, we are getting items ready for this year’s Scott Trial Charity Auction which will take place prior to the awards presentation at Richmond School on Saturday 12th October 2019.
If you wish to place a reserve bid on any of the items, please contact Charlotte Brown on 07531341986 or email@example.com
All proceeds will go to Scott Trial Charities. We are very grateful to the following people and businesses for their generous donations.
SCOTT TRIAL 2019 CHARITY AUCTION DONATED ITEMS:
- EDINBURGH & DISTRICT MOTOR CLUB’S SCOTTISH SIX DAYS TRIAL COMMITTEE– guaranteed and paid up entry for 2020 SSDT
- EDINBURGH & DMC’s PRE ’65 SCOTTISH TRIAL COMMITTEE – guaranteed entry for 2020 Pre ’65 Trial (not paid, please note that bike must meet criteria for trial)
- RICHMOND MOTOR CLUB YORKSHIRE LTD – guaranteed and paid up entry for Reeth 3 Day Trial 2020
- KINLOCHLEVEN & DISTRICT MOTORCYCLE CLUB- guaranteed and paid up entry for the Leven Valley 2 Day Trial 2020
- JIM AUSTERMUHLE – 2 @ Beta EVO air-box inlet tube, mud-flaps & drain plug kits
- EMMA BRISTOW, WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPION – World Championship Winning T Shirt
- MALCOLM RATHMELL SPORTS Bishop Thornton, Harrogate- various items
- THE CB INN Arkengarthdale/PUNCHBOWL INN Low Row– £20 Voucher
- ACKLAMS BETA- Acklams Beta Team Clothing
- NEIL STURGEON PHOTOGRAPHY- Photo of last year’s winner Dougie Lampkin
- GRAHAM JARVIS- Signed copy of his new book ‘Conquering the Iron Giant’
- THE BUCK HOTEL, Reeth- Voucher for a Pizza Lunch for 2 People
- TRIAL MAGAZINE- Various Items
- BETA UK- £100 to be spent at Beta UK
- MKM BUILDING SUPPLIES- Various items
- TRIAL ENDURO DIRECT- Gas Gas Jacket size XL
- NIGEL CUMMINS/MC PRODUCTS- Trials Boot Drying Stand
- PETER STEWART- Three Bottles of Limited Edition SSDT Whisky from 1997, 1999 and 2002, Hebo Jumper Signed by Jordi Tarres, New Retro Factory Team Yamaha Jacket, Retro Red/Yellow/Blue Yamaha Jacket
- JUDITH & MICK WREN/KIN VODKA- A treat from Kin Vodka
- THE BRIDGE INN, Grinton- 2 Course Sunday Lunch for 2 People
- JEWSON, Richmond- Goodie box including tools
- CJ TENNANTS, Richmond- Rear Michelin Tyre, Pair of Fist Handwear Gloves Size Large, Bottle of Putoline Strawberry 2 Stroke Oil
- JITSIE/DOUGIE LAMPKIN- Dougie Lampkin Signed Jersey & various items
- APICO FACTORY RACING- Apico Pit Mat
- SMITH & ALLAN, Darlington- Various Oils
- KEVIN BUCK- Silkolene Jacket, RSR Millenium Jacket Size Large
- STONEYGATE FARM, Ravensworth- Voucher for Full English Breakfast for 4 People
- WENSLEYDALE ICE CREAM- Voucher for 2 Hot Drinks and 2 Ice Cream Sundaes
- THE FARMERS ARMS, Muker- 2 Course Meal for 2 People
With just under 3 weeks to go, Scott Preparations are well on the way. Once again we are not emailing out the numbers and final instructions this year, but you can download a list here: Scott Trial Rider List 2019 – Updated 27-09-19 Please take a good look at the list of riders, numbers and start times to make sure that you know what time you are setting off and to get the right number on your petrol cans.
Also please make sure that you read the Final Instructions – this is very important as there is essential information to make sure that you know exactly what is expected on the day etc. When signing on you will be asked to sign saying that you have read and agree to these instructions: Scott Trial Final instructions 2019
Finally don’t forget that the Official Scott Trial Programme will be available on Saturday 28th September so make sure you get yours (riders you will get one in your rider pack on the day). It contains loads of great articles, spectator information and maps of where to go to get the best out of your day and all proceeds will go to The Scott Charities as usual.
The programmes will be available at the start-field on the day and from the usual local outlets prior to the event. These include: Both Richmond Petrol Stations; CJ Tennants, Richmond; Neeps & Tatties, Richmond; Rodbers of Richmond, Smith and Allan, Darlington; Piercebridge Farm Shop; Coates Garage Scorton; AG Bikes, Low Row. Reeth Gift Shop; Reeth Post office and the CB Inn. Priced at £5, all profits made from the sales, as usual, will go directly to The Scott Charities. Not going to be at the start-field or in these towns?
Why not pre-order your copy by post now, the cost is £7 including the postage and packing. This can be done by e-mailing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please make the subject line of your e-mail: ‘Scott Trial 2019 Programme Order’; payment details will be made available by e-mail reply.
With just 3 1/2 weeks to go to this years epic Scott Trial the Clerk of the Course and helpers have been out sorting out the course. Paul has this message:
“For all those trials riders who have had any problems in the past in Fagger Ghyll this photo shows the extent of the storm damage, this is where that picturesque bridge was at the top of the ghyll, where we used to get out to the right. Sadly the bridge now is in a hundred bits and has left a gorge approx 30 feet deep, so safe to say we aren’t going there!
But don’t worry as we have found lots of new gullies and streams to ride up to help make the Scott trial a very special event once again.”
Clerk of the Course Paul.
There are still rides available if you fancy a go. Just email email@example.com