Slei gill after the flood (we might not get all these stones picked!) Photo Credit – Richmondshire Today.
Just a quick push to the trials world and anyone interested in helping out at on Saturday. We are gathering together a working group to try to help the landowners clear some of their land of stones and debris. They allow us to run some of the most iconic trials in the area including the Scott Trial, Reeth 3 Day, and Mintex Youth trial and we really want the trialing community to give something back to them – they have said that man power is as important, if not more so than money.
We are holding a work day this Saturday – 17th August at 9.30am – meet at the Woodyard, Reeth (where the 3 day started this year).
Food and refreshments will be provide, please just bring man and woman power (children very welcome too!), wellies and gloves for picking stones.
We would love to see as many people there as possible to show our support to the local area. If you get chance to look at the event on facebook and let us know you are coming (to help with the catering) then that would be great.
As many of you are aware there were devastating floods in our area on Tuesday and our thoughts are with all those who have been affected.
Richmond Motor Club have their committee meeting on Tuesday evening where we will discuss what best way the club can help, including organising working parties for all members and trials riders in general and giving financial help. Please keep an eye on the website for more details as soon as we know what is most needed. Everybody is welcome at the meeting – 8pm at Richmond Cricket Club. Any suggestions very welcome.
Obviously any individuals wanting and able to help in the mean time please feel free!
As I am sure many of you will have guessed by the Facebook pictures and videos we are going to completely cancel the training school for now. We are sorry that we have had to do this and know there will be many disappointed young riders out there tonight but the flooding has been unprecedented and there really was no other choice.
Our thoughts are now with those in the dales who have been affected and we hope that everyone is safe.
Pam and Vicky are looking at the possibility of an alternative date later on in August so please watch this space for more information.
Following an update we are regrettably having to CANCEL the Wednesday 31st July Training school day. At the moment we are still hoping to run for one day on the Thursday, but this will be updated once we see how tomorrows weather is.
Please could all those who have a place at the training school send Pam a text on 07854287096 to let her know that you are aware of the cancellation.
Many thanks and our apologies for the lateness of this decision but thunderstorms and flash flooding are beyond our control!!
There has been a cloud burst in Reeth and currently it is impossible to get to Cogden Hall (the venue for the training school). The organisers can not get there either to decide whether it is going to be possible to hold the training at all. The forecast is for more thunder tomorrow.
Please keep an eye on the website and facebook for information as we get it, and we will let you know as soon as a decision is made later this evening.